There is more to shocks and struts than a smooth ride. It’s true… shocks and struts help to provide a smooth ride as you drive your car. What you may not realize is that they also greatly contribute to your ability to maintain control of your car while on the road. A quick test you can do yourself to determine if your shocks are worn or failing is to push down on each corner of your car. If it takes the car more than a couple of bounces to come back to a resting position, it’s a good sign that the shocks may very well be worn. Another telltale sign is seeing fluid leaking from a shock.
Listed below are a few items to keep an eye on daily as your drive your car:
- You feel excessive bouncing, rolling and rocking while driving over rough roads or railroad tracks requiring you to hang on, or actively adjust your steering.
- Uneven tire wear can be a warning sign that your tires are not maintaining good contact with the road.
- Sliding in side winds to the point that you have to correct your steering can be created by shock problems.
- Steering wheel vibration or shaking on smooth roads can sometimes be caused by worn shocks.
- Your vehicle is pulling to one side or the other when applying the brakes.
Gill’s Automotive Service Center does a thorough inspection of your vehicle when here each visit and/or oil change to make sure your vehicle is performing at its very best. However, if you are experiencing any of the above-listed symptoms, or any other symptoms, give us a call to book an appointment for an inspection by one of our ASE certified technicians.
Our family-owned auto repair shop has many years of auto repair experience with most makes and models of cars. Let us be your go-to place for honest, trustworthy, and competitively-priced auto repair maintenance and service. We’ve been in business for over 40 years, and we take pride in the relationships we build with our customers.
We always have one goal in mind: Complete Customer Satisfaction!